What does the Club have to offer?
- MSURC meets five days a week to run at your own pace.
- Provides a fun and safe environment to run with others.
- Themed runs for holidays and other events.
- Structured practice schedule and training plans for competitive runners.
- Social events for the weekends including team dinners, movie outings, a corn maze trip and many more!
- Everything is optional! Come when you can and do what want. There's no pressure whatsoever.
- Any and all Michigan State University students can participate in the Club.
- Graduate students are allowed to join.
- Every running level is welcome, from those who have never run before to former elite athletes.
- Sprinters, jumpers, hurdlers, and throwers are encouraged to join! We have both indoor and outdoor track seasons.
- There is no limit to how many members can join. Absolutely no cuts are made!
- The online registration form can be found on the Home page and under the Registration tab of the Info page.
- Dues are $50 for the entire year and can be paid online via Venmo (MSU-Running) or in person (using cash or check) to any officer. Checks can be made out to the Michigan State University Running Club.
- No sports physical form is necessary.
- Anyone can join at any point throughout the school year.
- We encourage interested students to come and see what practices are like before making any decisions about registration.
- Our dues are $50 for the entire school year. By paying them and filling out the registration form, you become a member and have access to:
- Weekly emails containing relevant information regarding practices, meets, and social events.
- Club apparel including jerseys, warm ups, and more.
- Invitations to all Club social events.
- The MSURC Facebook group, which contains exclusive information regarding the Club and its members (our most popular form of communication besides the weekly emails).
- The opportunity to travel and race in our cross-country and track & field meets.
- Fall 2022
Monday-Friday: 5:00 p.m @ IM West
- Spring 2023
- We have cross-country, indoor, and outdoor track & field seasons.
- The Club competes under the National Intercollegiate Running Club Association (NIRCA).
- We race against many major universities from across the country.
- All skill levels are encouraged to participate in meets!
- Any dues paying member can participate in any meet, but you must race in at least one NIRCA qualifying meet in order to participate in NIRCA National meet for both the cross-country and outdoor track & field seasons. Don't worry, there are plenty of these meets offered throughout each season!