Major: Human Development and Family Studies, with a minor in Human Behavior and Social Services
College: College of Social Science
Hometown: East Lansing, MI (I live 10 minutes away from MSU)
High School: Haslett High School
Favorite Event: Cross Country and Half Marathons. Definitely a distance girl.
Other Activities Outside of MSURC: I've recently joined PASS, which stands for Pilipino American Student Society. I'm half Chinese and half Filipino! I also volunteer at Haven House, which is a homeless shelter. I make dinner for the families.
What brought you to running club: For the longest time, it was my dream to run for MSU and I considered trying to walk on. As time went on, I realized that I didn't want to have a huge commitment with being on the actual team. I just wanted to run for fun, but still be competitive and work toward my goals with this sport. After coming to practice the first week, I knew that this was where I was meant to be. Joining Running Club has made me appreciate and love running more. I've met some of my best friends through here, and it makes my heart happy to call our team family.
1. Besides running, I enjoy lifting and hot yoga.
2. I'm a singer.
3. I love to read and write poetry.
4. I LOVE COOKIE DOUGH.
5. I'm planning on becoming a nurse, just going a different route!
6. Fun (and weird) fact: I can stick my stomach out really far, it's kinda scary.
7. I struggled with an eating disorder for five years. Choosing recovery has been one of the best decisions I've made. I want to help those who are struggling and ignite hope in them, just like those who were able to do so for me.