Major: Animal Science
College: College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
Hometown: Fenton, Michigan
High School: Hartland High School
Favorite Event: 60m Hurdles, 100m Hurdles, 4x100m relay, 4x200m relay
Other Activities Outside of MSURC: Clubs-Animal Science Undergraduate Research Association, Sponsorship Chair of MSU's Horseman's Association Jobs-Downhill Ski Racing Coach at Mt. Brighton, High school hurdle/sprint coach at Hartland High school
What brought you to running club: I actually love running (yes I'm one of those people)! And thought it would be a good way to meet people
1) I volunteer with disabled children in the summer helping them show and ride horses.
2) In high school I sang back up for the band Foreigner with my choir at DTE.
3) I have nine fingers(it's a long story, I like to make people guess).
4) I sing, write my own music and play piano!
5) If I don't have Arizona tea in my dorm at all times, something is probably wrong.
6) I adopted a puppy of my own in April, his name is Milo.
Major: Kinesiology with a minor in Health promotion
College: College of Education
Hometown: DeWitt, Michigan
High School: DeWitt High School
Favorite Event: 4x400
Other Activities Outside of MSURC: Pre-Physician Assistant club. I am a Certified Nurse Aide at a nursing home near campus, and I am an intern Medical Assistant for a local urgent care this semester.
What brought you to running club: I ran for a couple years in high school and wanted to find a way to continue running while also making friends!
1) Cute animal videos are the way to my heart
2) Lime White Claw is the worst flavor
3) I can make my eyes vibrate back and forth without moving my head
4) I used to have 2 chinchillas named Poppy and Buggles
5) I had a cat named Suzie who was in my family before I was born and lived until my sophomore year of college
6) I once jumped off of my friends roof because we weren't supposed to be there, but my mom had just called saying that she was coming over to drop something off to me and was almost there. My friend convinced me to jump off the roof into the back yard and then go to the driveway where my mom was and that it was fine because she had jumped off of it before. I jumped and approached my moms car trying to walk normally, but my legs were NOT feelin good. I also then found out my friend had never jumped off the roof before.
Major: Hospitality Business
College: Broad's the school of Hospitality Business
Hometown: Rochester, Michigan
High School: Rochester Adams
Favorite Event: Maybe the 800m, maybe the 1600m....idk anymore
Other Activities Outside of MSURC: TA for a beverages class
What brought you to running club: Ran track an XC in hs. I figured this is probs where I'd find my kind of crazy since these people like running too....I was right!
About Mackenzie: Once Upon a time.... long before the days of being an MSU RC member, I ran track at Adams High School where low and behold Michael "Discount" Rettschlag (RIP) also went to school. Apparently it was his first day of practice, and I ran past him while also having a coughing attack (yes, once upon a time I was an ok runner and could do this). Apparently, this almost scared Discount out of running because he thought runners actually run themselves to death.
I find that story hilarious because I did not realize this run had such an impact on him until he joined the club 3 years later. Also RIP Discount, we miss you!
College: Residential Business Community
Hometown: Saline, Michigan
High School: Saline High School
Favorite Event: 5k or the 1600m
Other Activities Outside of MSURC: Kappa Delta Sorority, Greek Reaching Out To Christ, Broad Student Senate, Love your melon Ambassador
What brought you to running club: I loved running throughout my high school career and wanted to continue running. I love meeting new people and running together.
About Katie: I was super involved in high school and since coming to Michigan State I wanted to be just as involved here. Running Club has given me this opportunity to do just that with a team as big as my high school (I ran with 150 girls!). I love the outdoors, Hiking, yoga, pretty much any activity except swimming.